The Seniors’ Health and Wellness Forum Returns to Edmonton:
As we grow older, we need to think more critically about how our needs might change over time, and ask ourselves questions that we might never have considered before. Do I have what I need to age in my own home? Will I be driving in the next 5 or 10 years? Will I be mobile enough to shovel my sidewalk? Will I be able to afford the life I want after retirement?
The third annual Seniors’ Health and Wellness Forum, presented by Age Friendly Edmonton, can help you answer some of those questions. Held November 3, 2018 at the Central Lions Seniors Recreation Centre – from 9:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., the Forum is an opportunity for seniors to access the information they need to plan ahead. High attendance numbers at the 2017 Forum show a significant need for the type of information provided, which covers everything from planning for a healthy future, caregiver support strategies, and seniors benefits, to transportation options, and improving physical capacity.
The Seniors’ Health and Wellness Forum features presentations, panel discussions, and exhibitors focused on healthy aging. The Thinking About Your Future: Plan now to Age in Place checklist, produced by the Federal/Provincial/Territorial Ministers Responsible for Seniors, was used as a framework to identify the most appropriate information and topics for seniors to consider. The checklist encourages us to think about our lives now, and to consider what they can look like when we’re older. Planning ahead matters and can help provide some direction and control over future changes, helping us to maintain our health and independence as we age.
Seniors’ Health and Wellness Forum Fast Facts:
- Held November 3, 2018 at the Central Lions Seniors Recreation Centre (11113 113 Street) from 9:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- There is no charge to attend the Seniors’ Health and Wellness Forum, however registration for general attendance numbers is encouraged. To register, please call 780-809-8604 and leave a voicemail with the number of people in your party attending and any dietary concerns.
- The Forum will feature information sessions and panel discussions on health, wellness, and social supports vital to healthy aging, and will feature over 50+ senior-serving exhibitors.
- All sessions at the Seniors’ Health and Wellness Forum are closed captioned.
- Free lunch and refreshments are provided.
- Free parking on site.
- Free hearing health checks on site.
More information about the event is available online.