The PEGASIS Partners and Backbone Project are generating an enormous volume of data, and we need the assistance of an experienced person to draw all this material together, index it, and compile a running narrative with references to the many components that will be the foundation of our Project reporting. We want to hire a Research Assistant for half-time hours (20 hours per week) for the duration of the Project from September 1, 2017 to April 30, 2019.
Priority will be given to persons 55 years of age or older, but all interested persons are encouraged to apply. This position would be suitable for an experienced administrative assistant who has retired or is about to retire and is looking for part time employment in the social development / seniors sector.
Essential skills and experience:
- self-starter capable of working with minimal direction
- highly organized and capable of creating order out of chaos
- highly efficient with excellent time management
- excellent reading comprehension and writing with appropriate references to source materials
- strong listening skills and ability to take accurate meeting notes
- excellent understanding of common computer applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, OneNote and common file management; using and managing PDF documents
- event organization and planning support
- scheduling and meetings management
Desirable skills and experience:
- familiarity with Google applications such as Google Drive, Google Docs, Sheets
- knowledge of the social profit (not-for-profit) sector, particularly community and/or seniors recreation and supports
- knowledge of healthcare facilities and services
- understanding of public policy development
The Research Assistant will support the Project Manager and the Evaluation Team in two key areas:
- review and compile all documentation created and/or brought into the PEGASIS Project to create a chronological thread of the activities and lessons of the individual projects and the collaboration of the partner agencies; and
- assist the Project Manager and Evaluation Team with scheduling and organizing meetings with partners and stakeholders and ensuring that all required documents and materials are ready and available / distributed for meetings and events.
Hours and place of work:
The Research Assistant will work 20 hours per week on a schedule to be developed and agreed upon in consultation with the Project Manager and Evaluation Team. This may require some flexibility in hours and time of day, but will normally fall within the framework of a team that works Monday to Friday between 08:30 and 17:00. There may be occasional work evenings and/or weekends. Work will normally be conducted in the offices of the Edmonton Seniors Coordinating Council, Suite 255, Bonnie Doon Shopping Centre.
This is a Term position that will end on March 31st, 2019 but may be extended into April 2019 to complete the Final Report.
Please submit your resume with a cover letter in Word format by email to:
Tim Henderson, Project Manager
PEGASIS Backbone Project
Deadline for receipt of applications is 12:00 noon of Friday, December 1, 2017. Anticipated start date is January 8, 2018.